- There are freaking WARS and the media is all like “Who wore the best dress” or “Here are some funny pics of famous people”.
- Racism and right-wing politics are coming back and people simply do not care. Today an asylum seeker asked me for directions and a woman wanted to stop me from helping him. Racist stuff is all over the internet. The european parliament elections showed that right wing parties aren’t a no-go anymore in our society. People say refugees only want our money.
- Western media is censored as hell. There were protests today, but there weren’t many people supporting this. Example: German media SHOULD be neutral but is all “FUCK PUTIN” and “YAY MURICA!”. You have to dig deep to find neutral news… So much for the freedom of press.
- People that are actually interested in something are nerds and uncool. Our society wants us to have homogenous interests. (“Oh, you care for animal rights? Haha, you’re sooo adorable.” - “You want to be a scientest? Neeeerd.”) If you stand in for something you care about you’re a bit odd.
- Climate change. Everybody is like “The weather has never been like that” or “Oh my god there are so many storms, it’s terrible!” - but nobody wants to change their lifestyle.
- If you’re a girl and you walk alone on the streets at night, you have to fear somebody might rape you. If it happens it’s your fault. How can this be normal? How can you simply accept this as a part of our world?
- There are so many animal owners that simply can not handle their pets. You should have to be tested if you are actually able to get a pet. It’s not only about intended harm - some don’t know any better.
- The simple fact that people are too lazy to change for good or even to protest.
The list could go on and on… these are only examples…
we’re such assholes in the US omg
It’s not even funny.
Border between “west” and “east” germany…
Border between Australia and everywhere
Border between North and South Korea.
|me after eating one healthy meal:||i wonder how much weight I've lost|